Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Trip to Florida!

While Chris was away at Warrior Leader Course, we decided to do some driving and headed South to see our friends in Florida! Yay! The drive took 7 1/2 hours and most of the drive was spent on backroads through cute little towns... but we made it! The kids were great - thanks to Nintendo DS' and DVD's! We only stopped once for a lunch and bathroom break at McDonalds in some small town. (I highly recommend the new Angus Mushroom and Swiss burger... MMMMM!)
We arrived at our friend's home right around dinner time and were treated to yummy tacos and a walk on their neighborhood Nature trail! It was awesome!! We even saw a little alligator in one of the ponds! The kids were so excited to see their friends again that they hardly complained on the 3 mile walk! Jess did get a blister from her flip flops though! Ouch!
Check back for more photos and recap from the trip... I'll try to get it all on here soon!


Stopped at the rest stop looking at lizards!


Nature walk with our friends!


Love the hat!


Posing for a quick photo with our good buddy! (Hi Nathaniel!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Rachel, I'm so glad you got to see Kay. Please tell her hi for me the next time you talk to her. I will never forget the enormous fruit tray and snacks you two brought over during my move last year. That was just unbelievable and is a great example of what love is. I'm tearing up all over again....

Anonymous said...

it looks like i am blind