We had a great Labor Day! We went to lunch at Taco Bell with our sweet goofy kids. Then we took them out to a local swamp/nature preserve. It was overcast and not quite as hot as it has been. I won't go so far to say it was comfortable... but at least it was bearable! We saw a racer snake and a lot of spiders. We also saw some beautiful cranes. It was quiet and full of really beautiful scenes. Chris snapped a ton of photos. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.
Over the long weekend, we decided to get serious about potty training Jilli. We had success! Yay! I'm always so relieved to have that milestone reached. We put her in undies, set a timer, gave her stickers and treats galore and it finally clicked! She is so happy to be a "big girl" now. No one is happier than Chris and I though!
We had a little scare on Saturday. Jess fell out of the tree in our backyard and injured her arm around her elbow. I didn't see it, so I don't know exactly what happened. I took her in to the doctor today to have her x-rayed and she doesn't have any fractures. It is a little swollen still but she should be good as new in a few more days. Probably just sore and strained muscles. Jess and Miah are far more cautious about climbing around in the tree now. (Thankfully!)
Chris started back to work today. He spent the morning administering pee tests to all the AIT soldiers in their group. Fun stuff! He will be going through a bunch of training before he actually begins teaching here. He likes all the men he's working with so far which is always good. He has run into a bunch of guys that he knew at Basic or his AIT. He liked catching up with them and hearing all about what they've been up to. Several have new babies and that always gets him excited!
Well, that is what has been happening around here. We're definitely keeping busy. Enjoy the pictures!

I love this picture of Jillian and her piggy tails!
Over the long weekend, we decided to get serious about potty training Jilli. We had success! Yay! I'm always so relieved to have that milestone reached. We put her in undies, set a timer, gave her stickers and treats galore and it finally clicked! She is so happy to be a "big girl" now. No one is happier than Chris and I though!
We had a little scare on Saturday. Jess fell out of the tree in our backyard and injured her arm around her elbow. I didn't see it, so I don't know exactly what happened. I took her in to the doctor today to have her x-rayed and she doesn't have any fractures. It is a little swollen still but she should be good as new in a few more days. Probably just sore and strained muscles. Jess and Miah are far more cautious about climbing around in the tree now. (Thankfully!)
Chris started back to work today. He spent the morning administering pee tests to all the AIT soldiers in their group. Fun stuff! He will be going through a bunch of training before he actually begins teaching here. He likes all the men he's working with so far which is always good. He has run into a bunch of guys that he knew at Basic or his AIT. He liked catching up with them and hearing all about what they've been up to. Several have new babies and that always gets him excited!
Well, that is what has been happening around here. We're definitely keeping busy. Enjoy the pictures!
I love this picture of Jillian and her piggy tails!


No comments:
Post a Comment