Jessica's essay won her 2nd place in an essay contest sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution. We attended an awards ceremony for her on Saturday and she did a marvelous job. The topic of the essay dealt with Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg address and its relevance today. They had to dress in period clothing and read a portion of their essay. They were photographed and congratulated by some darling older southern women. It was great. Jeremiah's favorite part was the light refreshments! He took a plate full of broccoli and had all the older ladies telling him how great it was to see him eating healthy foods! I laughed because as soon as he downed the broccoli he filled his plate with brownies!! We left Jillian with our friends and she had a ball playing, although I think she would have done great watching Jessi. Thanks to Tina for doing Jess' hair!! I'm soooooo not talented with hair! She looked adorable and had a great day. Afterwards we took her to Logan's for lunch... her favorite! Congratulations Jessi!!

Waiting for them to begin
Waiting for them to begin


5 comments:
Congrats to Jessie! She looks adorable!
So cute!! She looks great. Good job, Jessica.
awwwwww she is so cute
love
nathaniel
Very cool. A new career is born.
I think that is so cool she won 2nd place. Good Job Jess.
What a fun day!!!!
Post a Comment