So. BBC paid for us to stay in a Hotel and eat for free wherever we chose. We chose Outback. It was a Friday night and very busy but we found seats inside and were happily waiting. I went to the restroom and when I got back the kids and Chris were all slurping down samples of a delicious peach smoothie. I grabbed one from the waiter too and we all sat and slurped together. Mmmmm! So yummy! So. Chris asked a waitress from the bar if we could get one of those smoothies to drink while we waited? You know the one we just sampled? She said she'd find out what it was and bring us one. Yay! Well. She didn't come back. The owner did. Da Da Da DAAAAA... Turns out that the samples we just gulped down were samples of thier ALCOHOLIC Peach Bellini (called something Australian-ish I can't remember!) Yeah. And she was serving them to my kids!!!!!!! Yeah. So cool!!! NOT! The owner totally apologized, saying she was new and got the alcoholic samples mixed up with the nonalcoholic... blah blah blah. He brought us drinks on the house (non-alcoholic of course!) and a big peach smoothie for the kids (also non-alcoholic!). Yep. So. We all had our first taste of alcohol at Outback on a Friday night in June. Luckily, the samples were tiny. I think Jillian was a little off from it, but she is usually very silly so it was hard to tell! Word to the Wise: Don't accept drink samples from anyone, anywhere.
Looking back, I think we should have been more angry about it... but you have to remember, we all drank the smoothie and alcohol impairs your thinking... :) I can laugh about it now... :)

Do they look drunk to you? :)
Looking back, I think we should have been more angry about it... but you have to remember, we all drank the smoothie and alcohol impairs your thinking... :) I can laugh about it now... :)
Do they look drunk to you? :)


2 comments:
they are high on humer and youth and life
you know what they say? the family that drinks together.....
Post a Comment