Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Life in Boxes

I am sitting in my living room amidst towers of boxes and boxes and more boxes! When did we get so much stuff?? I really don't remember having that many books, or games, or pillows, or blankets, or or or.... Wow. I have to say, though, that I LOVE having movers come and pack everything up and move it for us!! Go Army! Chris was telling the packers about the many times he helped to move his little sister from place to place and how fun it was (hee hee). This is much easier on our backs and so much better! Things were a little crazy yesterday as I sorted through all our stuff, deciding which items we truly needed to bring with us in the Uhaul. Overall I would say it's been pretty painless. The best part is having Chris here to help out though! That takes so much of the burden off of me. He can also sense when I'm about to lose it and reach out to steady me.
We're so lucky that our kids are such great friends. Last night, Jess and Miah had a "sleepover". Which means that they choose either Jess or Miah's bed and sleep together. They slept on Jess' bed (bigger and more comfy than Miah's twin bunk!) They are taking this whole move in stride and I am so lucky that I don't have to worry too much about them adjusting because they always have each other. Jillian just loves her older siblings. She loves that they can help her do things if Mommie or Daddie are busy. She is very independent and tries so hard to do it by herself first... which sometimes causes problems... but no worries!! That's how we all learned!
I would post some photos from the fantastic birthday party we attended on Monday night where the kids got to play in the water and swing or of these towers of boxes... but I'm not sure how to do it from Chris' laptop.... so you'll just have to wait! I will also post some pictures of our new place when we get there - can't wait to see it!! Lots of fun coming my way!!

1 comment:

Foote Family said...

I hope you work through your boxes soon! Every time we move, I too think about when and how we accumulated so many things. I love the new look of your blog!