Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winterland of Gingerbread event!

On Wednesday night, the kids and I participated in the Winterland of Gingerbread event through GVA (our homeschool academy). It was a fun event held at a local library. Everyone was supposed to decorate a gingerbread house to bring and display. We had a lot of fun putting ours together! We used a premade house and just decorated it. I suggested they use peanuts for the roofing material and it turned out really cute! The kids did all the decorating. They just told me where to scoop the frosting! I think Jillian ate most of the candy... but a little did make it onto the house! We got to see everyone else's houses and there were some really amazing ones! We voted on our favorites and they awarded prizes. They had lots of card games and board games to play and the kids made a few new friends. I just wished that Chris had been able to come with us! He spent the night at the barracks helping all the soldiers head out for Winter break. We didn't see him till the next morning... Poor guy!! But at least now the soldiers are gone for two weeks and we get to just enjoy having Chris home with us! No school for two weeks and I am beyond excited about that! Yay for Christmas vacation!!


Jess had the idea for the heart door!


Fun peanut roof!


Pretty Jilli


Playing UNO with a new friend
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds like a fun group! Love your house! We tried to do one once. Once!