We like to go on field trips with our Housing office's LifeWorks coordinator... mostly because she buys us lunch! This time, she took us to see the Sacred Heart Cultural Center downtown. It is a GORGEOUS old Catholic church turned cultural center. The stained glass windows inside are completely breathtaking. COMPLETELY. I wish I had a better camera so you could see their amazing-ness... but oh well. You'll just have to come and visit us... :) The kids were fascinated by all the colors! Mary, the tour guide for the center, was FULL of knowledge of all the history of the building and downtown... I could have listened to her for hours (if I wasn't feeling nauseaus and quite dizzy...) After the tour, we went to Augustino's- a FABULOUS Italian restaurant- for a delicious pasta bar where they cooked your pasta to order!!! It was soooooo good and hit the spot. Thanks to Kelly for taking us!
\
Outside Looking up
Beautiful stained glass of the Savior
The Last Supper
So pretty!
Jilli
Ceiling
The lady in white is Mary... Jess and Miah are further down
Ceiling
Jeremiah took this picture.... can you see why?
Us!
No comments:
Post a Comment