Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's What's for Dinner!

My mother in law sent this delicious recipe and I'm simmering it for our dinner! Yummy!!

Taco Soup

 2 lbs or less ground beef 
2 - 3 cans stewed tomatoes, diced 
1 package frozen corn or can of corn 
1 package Hidden Valley Buttermilk Dressing Mix 
1 package of Taco Seasoning
1 can Pinto Beans 
1 can kidney and/or red beans 
Brown hamburger meat and onions. Drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and cook 30 minutes or longer. The longer it is simmered, the better it becomes. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel! How much onion?

Rachel said...

Hey Trish!! I usually just put in a tablespoon of onion powder because Chris doesn't like onions... Use as much as you like! And it really was DELISH!!

Bastianclan said...

wow you can tell it's fall everyone is doing soup. YOu are the third person I know that has made Taco soup this week. I have never had Taco soup with Hidden Valley Buttermilk Dressing. I am going to have to try it. I use fresh onions while I cook my meat.
Thanks for the yummy new recipe

TJ said...

dude. i have this same recipe. i make it all the time. but i usually use turkey. and i do use the ranch dressing stuff in it. but real onions.