Today I was awakened at 4 am by the ringing of my telephone. I didn't think to get up and answer it... I was still in that dark place where awareness and reality haven't quite met. Chris got up and grabbed the phone and I heard, "Hello Sgt Harrison, this is Sgt B___". Great. Yeah. Chris had to get into his PT uniform and head in to work at 4:30 am on a Saturday morning. Lovely. I went back to sleep. At 8:30am I was awakened again by the ringing of a phone - my cell phone telling me it was time to get up! We had a primary activity to be to at 10 am! Lovely. I can't tell you how much I wanted to just ignore the alarm and skip the activity... but I didn't.
We went out to our church and had a fun time playing Pin the Bell on the Reindeer, Musical chairs to Christmas music and listened to some cute Christmas stories while eating Krispy Kreme donuts... mmmmmm. Afterwards, we were told that there was a Christmas parade starting at noon! We hurried to find our spot on the parade route and were very glad we did! It was a great parade with LOTS of candy tossing! We saw friends from the ward and had a very good time. I think we'll have to make it a tradition.
Chris had stayed home through all of this to catch up on his sleep so we went back home to grab him before heading out to run our errands for the day. We found a blow-up snowman at Walmart for $25 bucks and we just had to get him!! He's huge and fat and the cutest thing I've seen. Chris set him up on the front lawn and now we have an outdoor decoration! Yay!
We spent the rest of our evening playing the Wii and actually met up with my brothers for some wicked MarioKart tournaments! I actually won first place in one race! Yay me! It's been a really fun day and I'm glad we were able to fill it up with so many fun events! Ahhhh the holidays! Busy but enjoyable!
May and Mother's Day
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment