Tuesday, December 16, 2008

O Christmas Time!

Well, I'm not doing very good at keeping up with blogging lately! I have been trying to get everything ready for the holidays and that means that I have to neglect other things... like blogging! At Walmart the other day, Chris spotted these soft shirts for Jessi and Jilli, so we bought them. The picture doesn't do them justice... I wish you could feel how amazingly soft they are! They looked so cute in their little matching shirts! Awwwwww!! Tender!
We went to a really fun Ward Christmas Party on Saturday night. It had a Zarahemla/Bethlehem theme and we were encouraged to dress up. I had fun dressing the kids up in what I imagine they wore back then. They looked adorable (you can see how cute below). They served pita bread, beans and rice, chicken, cheese and chocolate pudding...mmmmmm! Chris kept going back for the black beans and rice. It was all delicious. Jessica sang with a group of young women and they sounded so angelic together. It was a really awesome party and I loved that there wasn't a Santa Claus!! It's so hard to remind your children that there is deeper meaning to this fun holiday season. I loved that they made it easy that night.
We went to the Bastian's home on Sunday evening for dinner and a round of "Settlers". Yep, I took a picture to prove that even Chris joined us!!! We played just the basic game and he caught on quickly. He had a lot of fun even though he may tell you different! It was a really close game but I actually won! (My first win ever!!) We had a lot of fun and can't wait to play again soon!
Well, It's time to go get the small ones going on their homework. I can't wait till Christmas Break!! We're all done with school and the excessive homework, projects, notes.... etc. Blah! This school is truly ridiculous in so many ways. No worries!
Enjoy the pics!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

TJ said...

not a huge fan of settlers, but i can play it.

The Galan Family said...

Cute pictures. Your kids looked so cute at the party. We'll have to play settlers some time.

Anonymous said...

What a fun game! Wish you two were coming! We could totally stay up for hours after the kiddos fell asleep and play that!!! So fun! :)