As a military family, we were lucky enough to get the opportunity to go to the YMCA's Camp Lakeside for a fun and FREE weekend! It's a beautiful location and we had a great time. We arrived Friday evening and stayed through Saturday afternoon. If the weather had been better on Saturday, we may have stayed longer... but it was rainy and not fun when the kids were totally looking forward to doing things ON or IN the lake!! We did get to try out Archery and play tons of card games with the Muller family, who was there as well. I didn't sleep at all in the little cabin on the bunk beds. I guess I'm getting too old for that! Hee hee! Chris had Jillian with him on his bunk and he didn't sleep either- (she kept her feet in his back all night!) One of the other camp families brought stuff for smores and we got to sit around the campfire and chat. I just hated all the bugs!! Ugh! The food was good and we were happy to be together. Check out the pics...
Arrival
Fire pit
Dinner!
Yummy meatballs!
Playground Pro!
Tetherball
Sleeping Queens card game before we slept... (or didn't!)
Waiting for the rain to go away
Fishing prep
Ewwwww... fake worms!
Pro fisherman Chris
Jessi
Looking up at the main hall
Cute wooden fish signs...
The kids liked this game
Walking back to the cabin
More cute signs
Archery
Ready.... aim...
Pose!
Goofy grin
Chris helping Miah
There I am!! I really did go!
Chris and Jilli
Pro Archerer? Archist? Whatev.
He got red most every time - (Red is in the center of the bulls-eye!)


2 comments:
Looks like fun!! Great pictures Rachel!!
okay--here's the deal. You need to let me know EVER TIME there is cool free/inexpensive stuff for military families. You are always in the know and we're not so much at ALL! So there you have it. Now you know your responsibilities and I certainly hope you don't shirk them. (amazingly cute pics!)
Post a Comment