Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dinner with the Missionary Couple

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night. It was great! They are an older couple, serving here as Military Laison's and they are a lot of fun. We enjoyed having them in our home. We miss being around our Grandma's and Grandpa's and having them visit with us felt a little like that. It was a nice little piece of home. They are retired Navy and had lots of interesting stories. I made my nummy White Bean Chicken Chili, canned biscuits (not so nummy!) and Jell-o. For dessert we ate warm Apple Dump cake.... mmmmmmm! They stayed and had Family Home Evening with us and we each wrote out our New Years' Resolutions. Miah's was great - "Learn to write cursive". Jess had some good ones, "Be a good artist, Learn how to play the piano, and Learn to write cursive." (Cursive is just not a big thing now-a-days! They both admire my cursive skills and want to emulate me I guess! I wish they pushed it more in school, but I guess computers have eliminated the need for nice handwriting!!) Jillian's was a beautiful picture of a person with 3 arms and a rainbow dress. I added, "Learn to write my name". We just might accomplish that this year! I won't bore you with Chris and I's... but it was a lot of fun. We're so blessed to be able to associate with such great people here! Yay for Couple Missionaries!! 

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Rachel, I just wanted to say hi and that I love seeing how much fun you guys are having together. Looks like a very Merry Christmas there!