Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day Five! Augusta History Museum and Augusta Canal

Day Five, Saturday - we took them to the Augusta History Museum and wandered around through all the displays. This is the same museum that the kids and I had visited last week with our school, so I didn't take many pictures... It's also hard to take pictures inside because they don't allow flash photography, but I've included a couple of the grainy ones I got! The kids were all trying to make "S"'s with their hands like Sammy... A fun new trick! After looking all around the History museum, we drove over to the Canal and walked around through the old mill building that houses their museum. We didn't pay to go through that one, but we did walk through the gift shop and up to see the canal. We drove past the Master's (which was going on!!) and took pictures of the gates... There is a tremendous hedge that surrounds the course... but Dad really wanted to see it! We ate lunch at my favorite restaurant, The Mellow Mushroom!! We ate delicious hummus and Baked Potato Pizza!! MMMMMM!!! Afterwards, we went in to the PX and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins! (Yes, my good eating habits have left me for a bit...) We played Scattergories together at home and Grandpa even joined us! I don't think I've laughed that hard in ages!!! It was another fabulous day... Didn't want it to end!


Sammy's got the "S" and the others are trying! (except Jilli who is saluting??)


Chris' "S"


Miah got it!


Piggy back on Sammy!
Sammy and Miah on the train

Picture of the girls! (sorry so grainy!)

Jess and Jilli in a golf cart at the tourist info shop

Sammy as a cotton mill worker...

Jilli bean

Sarah as a cotton mill worker

The old mill

By the canal!


Washinton Rd and an entrance to Augusta National and the Masters Tournament

The hedge...

Another guarded entrance

Mellow!

Chris and I by his Mayor sign!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: