Friday was not a good day for me. I had some troubles. Just a few. Both toilets overflowed... tipping me off that this was not going to be my day. Then... thinking it was just a toilet thing.... I put the towels in the wash and started it.... The pictures below show the remains of what happened next. It was the day of three floods. Three. And a whole day of having maintenance men tromping through the house with their disgusting boots and machines and tools... Ewwww. Gross. It was a problem with the main water pipes and it took them all day to figure out that the problems were out in the street (which was the Utility company's problem...) Great. Yeah. It was awesome. They even messed with my power at one point... Yep. These men are real geniuses. I was so upset. The worst part was that Chris couldn't come home and save me... He was on a fun trip to Atlanta to visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Center. Yay! He had a great trip and learned a lot about the life of that great man. He was offered drugs several times (CRAZY!), and feared for his life a few times. I don't think we'll be taking the kids down into downtown Atlanta anytime soon... but he took tons of pictures on his phone and I will post them if he gets them on the computer. He did have to deal with all my irate phone calls, knowing that there was NOTHING he could do but listen and try to calm me down... It was a lovely day! When he got home, he took me and the kids to dinner at Outback with Kindra and Anthony and their family. It was so great to get out of our stinky house. So lovely! We are using our water pipes again - everything back to normal I guess! But I always clinch my teeth and pray everytime I start the washer, flush the toilet or run the dishwasher...
May and Mother's Day
2 months ago


1 comment:
what happened to the offer on the house?
Post a Comment